If you are going to start having a tea hour, you may wonder how to prepare for it. Here I am going to give five tips to help you develop this wonderful tradition.
- Put the kettle on. This is one of the easiest steps in preparing for afternoon tea.
- While waiting for the water to boil, if you are a baker, you can easily whip up some basic scones. If not, then any box or package of your favorite cookie or cake will do. Place them on a pretty tray with some fruit and crackers.
- Clean your space while waiting for your water and scones. I know that I cannot relax if my space is untidy. Also tidying now will keep your mind at ease for the rest of the afternoon.
- Decorate your table or side table where you are going to take your tea. Put a lacy table liner on and get some fresh flowers.
- Enjoy your tea. Read a nice book, or put on some relaxing music. Savor the moment of relaxation and uninterrupted quietness.
Au revior until next time!