The health benefits of tea have been proven for a thousand of years. For example, the Chinese were the first to discover the beneficial antioxidants in tea. For thousands of years, in eastern countries, regarded the benefits of tea the key to good health, happiness, and wisdom.
Studies have found that some teas my prevent cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Also such teas can encourage weight loss, lower cholesterol, and bring about mental alertness.
Although tea is a name given to a variety of brews, there are only four teas that are considered purely beneficial. These teas are Green tea, Black tea, Oolong tea, and Pu-erh tea.
The reason why these teas are considered so beneficial, is because they are are derived from the Camellia Sinensis plant, a shrub native to China and India, that contains unique antioxidants called flavonoids. The most potent of these flavonoids is known as ECGC which my help fight against free radicals that can contribute to cancer and heart disease.
Here are a list of some benefits of tea
- Gives relief from fatigue as it stimulates the brain and elevates the mood
- Rich in anti-aging and antioxidant properties
- Effective in preventing the growth of tumors and cancer
- Helps in relieving fever and preventing infections
- Helps to tone skin and muscles
- Provides relieve from stress and nervous disorders
- Aids in strengthening the immune system
- Strengthens gums, teeth, and hair
- Stimulates the metabolism and helps manage blood sugar levels