Today I am going to share I make and prepare my tea time when I have a day off. Since I work in retail, I don’t get the normal weekend off, especially during the holidays. So if you are like me and don’t have a regular set of days off, and want to know how to incorporate tea time more in your life, then this is the post for you .
- Get your work done. Just because I am off of regular work does not mean I don’t have anything planned. Though I do a fair amount of work when I do work, my days off are when I do my most writing and editing on my blogs, planning for future posts, catching up on my housework and anything that I can’t do in a normal working day. After all, you don’t want to be stressed out when you should be relaxing. After your relaxation time, it should be time to plan something special, as in doing your hobbies. I know after I have my tea time, I am more likely to do my hobbies, because I am in more a peaceful state of mind.
- Make your treats. Tea time is not complete without some delicious treats to eat. I love making either scones, a nice bread, or cookies. However, since I am rather tired today, I just had tea. The beauty of having a tea hour is that you get to pick and choose what you would like. If you are not hungry, you don’t have to eat.
- Light a nice candle. Candles have a way of creating a peaceful environment. I just love the smell of the candle and the flicker. It just adds a touch of loveliness in a rather droll day.
- Find a nice book or movie to watch. Remember this is your time to relax, so do whatever you find relaxing. I love reading, but haven’t had the chance to really read up my favorite book . So I seized up the opportunity to read again.
- Relax. This is an hour for you, so if that means just doing nothing, then go ahead and do nothing. We all need to be reminded that we do need to rest. We are not machines, our mental and physical bodies need to have complete rest from time to time. So don’t ever feel bad if you just want to do nothing, it is a sign that your body and mind needs some time off.
I hope you found these tips helpful, and will try to incorporate them in your day.
Have a blessed day,