Today, I will be sharing how you can create a romantic tea for two. . This will be a perfect for two love birds, especially against a rosy fire for those who are still in full winter. So here are my tips for a perfect High Tea for Valentine’s Day.
To begin start by deciding where you would like to have your tea. If you have a fireplace, set up a table beside it. Once you decide where you would like your tea, get a small table and put either a white or pink tablecloth on top. If you want to be extra fancy, iron your tablecloth to get out any wrinkles for a smooth glossy look.
2. Decorate your surroundings. For a nice and beautiful centerpiece use either store bought fresh roses or fake ones if you don’t have the money to buy fresh ones. Then put nice candles on either side, as it will give the dinner a truly romantic feel. Just make sure that the candles and the flowers are not too high, as they will distract and prevent you from seeing your lover at the other end. For ambiance, put up fairy light around the space intertwined with either rose or heart garlands.
3 Start planning your menu. Do whatever you and your lover like as a fancy meal. Make sure you have all in ingredients a few days beforehand as it will save you from the stress of having to stop what you are doing to go out and buy an forgotten ingredient. Here is a sample menu that you can use.
- Starters – nuts, baked brie and crackers, fruits
- main course – Spicy Chipotle Chicken Pasta, Roasted Shrimp, tomato and white bean salad ,etc.
- Dessert- chocolate cake, chocolate pie anything chocolate and rich.
3. Pick some romantic music that you can listen to while you eat and chat. I would love listening to Chopin, who is known for being the most romantic pianists of his time.
4. Plan out your china and silverware. If anything needs to be polished, then start polishing them. I like to polish things a few days before an event as polishing is messy and time consuming. I remember far to often I would be polishing the day before a party and it taking around 4 hours of scrubbing.
Remember to have a fun evening. Don’t get too worked up about having everything perfect, or worrying that the dinner is not perfect enough. Remember Valentine’s day is about celebrating love so cherish your lover and tell him/her what makes them special in your eyes. And if everything else fails, at least they know that they are loved and appreciated and really that is all that should matter.
Have a beautiful day,