Since I haven’t done a reflection post in a long time, I thought I would do one on treasuring life. Our lives seemed to have gotten more stressful and more hectic since the invention of the internet. Anyone can work anywhere they want, and it seems to be the norm to be always on. However, such a life can be burdensome,and we often feel the strain of of always being available leaving us vulnerable to becoming burnt out. Maybe since we have worked so hard all the time we have forgotten how to treasure the life we have “presently”
Sometimes we are so focused on achieving and succeeding that we forget to treasure the life we have “now.” This is not to say that success and achievement is wrong in itself, but if it interferes with enjoying, making life meaningful, and creating memories with friends and family, then it is time to re-evaluate what truly matters.
Remember that life is not only about the achievements we make, but also the memories we create with our family and friends. If one only has achievements, but no memories, there would nothing for that person to look back on in the autumn of their lives.
So here are some ways that you can treasure your life again
- Take an hour of peace and quiet. This can be at any time of day, but most preferably when you feel tired and wonder if it is worth it. Sometimes it is hard to achieve your goals when you feel that to achieve one must be permanently tired and time strained. Never underestimate the importance of keeping your mental and physical health in check.
- Include your family. Having the family support you can be an immense blessing. Not only will they help you when times are tough, but they can also encourage you to persevere or to take some time off.
- Nurture and strengthen your friendships. Besides family, friends are also great to have for support. Also, taking the time to be with friends is a great for de-stressing.
- Always take the time to enjoy the little things. Sometimes in the rush of life we forget to smell the roses, or enjoy the sunshine. Thus, take the time to spend some time outdoors appreciating the little things that often get forgotten. This is one of the many reasons I got myself some roses. There is nothing more refreshing than going outside everyday to tend to them.
- Find the time to enjoy yourself. This is also very important. We can be so busy that we forgot what truly makes us happy. Sometimes we even forget what makes us sparkle and shine. But this hindrance can also make it hard for us to enjoy and treasure life. So don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty, and do what makes you come alive, even if it can be embarrassing.
Those are all my tips for remembering how to treasure life again. If you have any more suggestions, leave them in the comments, and as always, have a lovely day.